- Get wpa supplicant sudo aptitude install wpasupplicant
- Run wpa_passphrase which reads stdin and outputs the PSK that you'll need
- Create a configuration file, say /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf, with the the text following this numbered list
- sudo wpa_supplicant -B -D wext -i eth0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf (B for background, D for driver (wext is a generic linux driver, ipw2100 does not work), i for interface, c for path to conf file)
- You should be connected at this point. Run dhclient to request an IP address from the server. ping something to make sure you can reach the outside.
- (optional) This process can be automated on startup by editing the /etc/network/interfaces file appropriately
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicantAs always, look at the man pages for more details: man wpa_supplicant and man wpa_supplicant.conf and man wpa_passphrase